How to get your COVID-19 test while visiting Los Cabos?
Getting your COVID-19 test in Los Cabos is S A F E
Starting on January 7, 2021, the Government of Canada has new travel restrictions requiring all air travellers five years of age or older to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result to the airline prior to boarding any international flights bound for Canada. The test must be taken within 72 hours of the traveller's scheduled departure. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying#health-check
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Who is required to show proof of a negative test prior to departure from Los Cabos? Travelers returning to the following destinations are required to show proof of a negative test prior to their departure from Los Cabos:
- Canada, effective as of January 7, 2021
- The United States of America, effective as of January 26, 2021
- What type of test/proof do I need to show to the airline prior to my return? You must present a negative laboratory test (paper or electronic proof of result) to the airline or private operator before coming back to Canada. The negative laboratory test result must include all of the following:
- Traveler name and date of birth
- Name and civic address of the laboratory/clinic/facility that administered the test
- The date on which the test was conducted
- The method of test conducted (PCR)
- The test result
- What types of tests are offered? PCR tests are available in Los Cabos. For more information, please click here.
- Will tests be available at the hotels? No, the PCR test can only be conducted by a hospital or laboratory.
- What is the cost of the test? The cost of the test varies depending on the testing facility. For more information, please contact the testing facilities directly.
- Do children need to get tested as well? Yes. According to the Canadian Government, travelers five years of age or older must get tested before departure.
- Can the airline deny boarding a plane if a COVID-19 negative test is not presented before boarding? Yes. For flights departing to destinations that require a negative test, airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.
- Are there enough tests available in Los Cabos? Yes. Los Cabos' tourism authorities are working in partnership with the local and state authorities to ensure testing is widely available and offered to all travelers visiting the destination.
- What happens if I test positive? People should self-isolate and delay their travel if symptoms develop or a pre-departure test result is positive until they have recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must refuse to board anyone who does not present a negative test result for COVID-19 or documentation of recovery. Hotels and resorts will offer special accommodations and discounted rates to facilitate this process. Please contact your hotel for specific information and health and safety protocols.
- What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19? Yes, all air passengers traveling back to Canada, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result.
As Los Cabos continues to maintain a priority on health and safety standards as a part of the reopening plan and the“A Safer Way to Get Away” effort, we proudly announce our partnership with Intertek Cristal, market-leading global health, safety, quality and security... Learn More