Los Cabos Tourism Board is committed to timely communicating the state of travel to the destination to all travelers and industry partners. In this website, you will find the latest information, health and safety protocols, and key initiatives implemented across the destination to prevent the spread of the virus while traveling to Los Cabos.
To get real-time updates of COVID-19 in Baja California Sur, click here: https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/english/
The safety and wellbeing of the community and our visitors are our top priority. The Los Cabos Tourism Board is working with hotels and industry partners across the destination to ensure a safe travel environment to all travelers.
The following toolkit is intended to equip you to better respond to incoming inquiries from tourists looking to travel to the destination.
SOME KEY MESSAGES
- Tourism is the heartbeat of Los Cabos. 90% of our population depends on this industry and we are committed to effectively communicating the latest updates on the virus in the destination.
- Los Cabos is currently welcoming travelers following strict health and safety protocols.
- According to Mexico’s reopening protocol for all destinations in the country, Los Cabos is currently in stage 1 (green) of Baja California Sur’s color-coded classification system. Stage 1 allows for and requires:
- Non-essential activity to be reopened and conducted
- Businesses to maintain occupancy with a capacity controlled
- Recreational and social activities operate at capped capacities
- Under the Baja California Sur’s State authority’s mandate, all individuals must wear masks or face coverings throughout the destination at all times when interacting with others who are not members of their household in public or private spaces, except for certain instances, such as when eating, drinking, swimming, etc.
- The health and safety of our visitors is our top priority. We’ve developed the Los Cabos with Care – A Safer Way to Get Away health and safety protocol system to evaluate and strictly implement health and safety protocols across the airport, transportation, accommodations, restaurants and bars, tour activities, the beach and throughout the local community. The system is implemented in partnership with Intertek Cristal, the highest standard of health and safety protocols in the industry.
- Los Cabos has additionally achieved Sharecare health security verification, becoming the world’s first VERIFIED™ travel destination. This designation signifies that the majority of the hotels and resorts in the destination continue to ensure that their health protocols are in compliance with over 360 expert-validated global standards.
- Los Cabos has implemented a COVID-19 testing program to support visitors’ seamless navigation to comply with testing requirements for their return destination as needed. Antigen testing is available at all hotels, villas and timeshares, as well as the Los Cabos International Airport for emergency situations. The PCR test is administered at specific locations, including hospitals and laboratories.
- Since March 20th, 2020, the U.S. government has implemented a temporary closing of the U.S. and Mexico border to nonessential travel for anyone crossing by car, commuter rail and ferry travel in response to the global impact of COVID-19. Also, given the cancellations of all main cruise lines internationally, the Cruise Port in Los Cabos is not welcoming any cruises at this time.
- The airport remains open to international and domestic flights. Flight activity is not restricted. Airlines currently flying between the US and Los Cabos include American, Alaska, Delta, Southwest and United among many others.
COVID-19 testing in Los Cabos
COVID-19 testing in Los Cabos
Los Cabos is prepared to satisfy all traveler needs regarding COVID-19 testing to return to the United States and Canada. Travelers will find several options available from hospitals, labs, and lodging facilities like hotels, timeshares, and vacation rentals.Learn More