How to get your COVID-19 test while visiting Los Cabos?
Getting your COVID-19 test in Los Cabos is SAFE
Starting on January 26, 2021, all air travelers flying to the United States will be required to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test administered within three days prior to their international departure.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Do I need a covid test to enter Los Cabos? Los Cabos is open to travelers. There is no need to provide a negative COVID-19 test or quarantine on arrival, though you will need to fill out a health questionnaire upon arrival at Los Cabos International Airport. For more information on arrival and departure protocols please click here
- Who is required to show proof of a negative test prior to departure from Los Cabos? Travelers returning to the following destinations are required to show proof of a negative test prior to their departure from Los Cabos:
- Canada, effective as of January 7, 2021
- United States, effective as of January 26, 2021
- What type of test/proof do I need to show to the airline prior to my return? According to the CDC announcement, all air passengers returning to the United States will be required to get a viral test within the 3 days (72 hours) before their flight to the USA departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. For travelers departing to the United States, options for this test include a PCR or Antigen test – valid with a medical certificate from the doctor. Los Cabos recommends the Antigen test for US travelers as it is available at several locations, including hotels across the destination, and results can be received in as soon as 40 minutes depending on the testing location.
- What types of tests are offered? PCR and Antigen tests are available in Los Cabos. For more information, please click here.
- Will tests be available at the hotels? All hotels and timeshares in the destination are equipped with the Antigen test and medical personnel to administer the test along with the medical certificate required by the CDC. Some hotels will offer the test at a discounted price or as a courtesy to their guests. Please contact your hotel or timeshare for specific information.
- What is the cost of the test? The cost of the test varies depending on the testing facility and the type of test. However, Los Cabos Tourism Board is working in partnership with the private sector to ensure the test is provided at affordable pricing. As an example, the Antigen test starts as low as $60 USD at some locations, and some hotels are even offering additional discounts or as a courtesy service to their guests. Please call directly to the verified facilities or your hotel to learn more about costs.
- Do children need to get tested as well? Yes. According to the CDC, anyone above the age of 2 must get tested before departure.
- Can the airline deny boarding a plane if a COVID-19 negative test is not presented before boarding? Yes. For flights departing to destinations that require a negative test, airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.
- Are there enough tests available in Los Cabos? Yes. Los Cabos’ tourism authorities are working in partnership with the hotels, local, and state authorities to ensure testing is widely available and offered to all travelers visiting the destination. Additionally, all hotels and timeshares in the destination are equipped with the Antigen test and medical personnel to provide the test. Hotels, hospitals and labs in the destination offer the medical certificates in the form needed by CDC.
- What happens if I test positive? People should self-isolate and delay their travel if symptoms develop or a pre-departure test result is positive until they have recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must refuse to board anyone who does not present a negative test result for COVID-19 or documentation of recovery. Hotels and resorts will offer special accommodations and discounted rates to facilitate this process. Please contact your hotel for specific information and health and safety protocols.
- What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19? Yes, all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.
As Los Cabos continues to maintain a priority on health and safety standards as a part of the reopening plan and the“A Safer Way to Get Away” effort, we proudly announce our partnership with Intertek Cristal, market-leading global health, safety, quality and security... Learn More